Financial Support

You may be eligible for a discretionary bursary. Please ask in the Sixth Admin office for a form and further details.

Transport Subsidies

Please use the following link to apply for transport support.

We would actively encourage you to enquire to our Student Services Officer about possible financial support if you think you may qualify for free school meals and / or travel support.

Information with regard to Free School meals and how to apply can also be found on our Catering page.

Did you know that just registering your child for Free School Meals means that the college gets extra money? 

The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their best. The funding is called ‘Pupil Premium’. For every child registered for this, the college gets an additional £935 per year to support their progress.

If you are registered for Free School Meals you could also apply for assistance with the cost of

  • Music Tuition
  • School Trips
  • School Trips Abroad
  • Books / equipment

How does it work?

  • First check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, so please look at the list below.
  • Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify contact Student Services who will help you register or alternatively log on to the Cambridgeshire County Website, details further down the page.
  • If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal (save around £400 a year), extra benefits and the school gets £935 extra.
  • If you don’t want your child to have the school meals they continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered the school still gets £935 extra.

Do you qualify?

You can register for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:

  • Income Support
  • Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have
    an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
  • Universal Credit

Students can also register for Free School Meals if they get any of these benefits themselves.

Applying for Free School Meals Online – either at home or come to Student Services and we will help you apply online using a college computer.

Applying for free school meals online is quick and easy, and no proof of entitlement is needed. On receipt of the online application, Cambridgeshire County Council will check for entitlement through a secure Electronic Checking System. All that is needed is the claimant’s National Insurance number, their child’s details and details of their child’s school.

Share by

Powered by Google Translate